Asakusa: 1400-year History Exploration
Price per Adult
1400-year History Exploration
Get the most out of Asakusa on a deep yet relaxed 3-hour walking tour of this historic township at the heart of Tokyo. See the 1400-year-old Sensoji temple and learn its secrets from your knowledgeable and hospitable guide.
Our guides bring you the best in tourism: local knowledge, genuine friendliness, and an expertise earned through a rigorous certification process.
Just as Asakusa’s history started by the Sumida river, so do our tours. Step back and forth in time with us as we help you navigate the lively streets of Sensoji Temple, guiding you to the best spots to satisfy your eyes, stomachs, and your curiosity! Participate in centuries-old rituals at the Temple and the Asakusa Shrine and have a chance to see what the fates have in store for you with Sensoji’s infamous paper fortunes.
Relax in the quaint, atmospheric side streets reminiscent of olden days gone by and let our guide show you hidden gems and sights of all kinds, even those that don’t exist anymore! From the hundred-year-old shops and restaurants to the newer entertainment halls of the “Rokku” area, you’ll fall in love with Asakusa’s endless novelties that our guides help bring to life.
- English-speaking guide
- Selection of Japanese sweet snacks (e.g. melon pan, rice dumpling, rice cracker, sweet puffed rice).
- Gratuities (Guides will not accept them)
- Entry/Admission – Asakusa Culture Tourist Information Center
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, except those specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchairs are not accessible
- The maximum group size is 8 people to ensure proper hospitality
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please choose appropriate footwear
- Operates in all weather conditions; please be dressed appropriately
- Bottled water is recommended but vending machines are available
- If you have special dietary or accessibility requirements, please contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate you
- Children younger than 6 may join the tour without charge but will not be entitled to inclusions
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Due to the historical focus of the tour, it is recommended for adults, but children are welcome
- Most travelers can participate
Tokyo Metro Ginza line Asakusa station (G19) exit 4. Please be aware that there is an exit A4 connected to Asakusa station on the Toei Asakusa line. The meeting point is NOT there. Please make sure that you are at exit 4 of the GINZA line. You will see Azumabashi (a red bridge) crossing the Sumida River in front of you.
- Infant (0 – 5): free
- Child (6-12): 50%
- Teenager (12-19) and adult: full