Cherry Blossom Viewing:
Day Cruise in Asakusa
Price per Adult
Cherry Blossom Viewing
Day Cruise in Asakusa
- Enjoy spectabular views from the vantage point of the boat on Sumida river
- Visit the most magnificent cherry blossom viewing spots in Asakusa and Sumida River area
- Breathe and enjoy one of the most festive times of the year
- Enjoy lunch in the nice restaurant by the Sumida river
- Marvel at the beauty of Japan’s traditional landscape garden
- Team of local certified expert guides
Don’t miss this once-in-a-year opportunity!
Savor cherry blossoms the Japanese have cherished for generations! This tour provides a perfect opportunity to view cherry blossoms not just from beneath the trees but from the vantage point of the boat on the river. Marvel at the beauty of them filling the both banks of the Sumida river.
You may have heard about a “cherry blossom front” in Japan that the weather forecast mentions every day in spring. Since Japan is an archipelago which stretches from south to north, the flowering timing moves from south to north. People track this “front” with excitement and plan parties underneath the trees with food and drinks. This front reaches Tokyo toward the end of March.
Your guide will show the most magnificent cherry blossom viewing spots in Asakusa and Sumida River area.
After strolling on the river banks along cherry trees, we get on a water bus to enjoy cherry blossom viewing cruise on the Sumida River to Hama-Rikyu garden. Before boarding, we have lunch at a nice restaurant by the Sumida River.
Hama-Rikyu garden is a unique Japanese landscape garden featuring seawater ponds whose level changes with the tides. We enter it from a river-side entrance. There is an elegant traditional Japanese tea house on the small island in the garden to have a matcha tea.
After our visit to Hama-Rikyu, you will be guided to the closest train station including Shiodome Oedo line station and Shimbashi JR station to end the tour.
- Lunch in a restaurant by Sumida river
- Water bus ticket from Asakusa to Hama-Rikyu
- Entrance fee to Hama-Rikyu garden
- Live guiding in English by a local certified expert guide
- Gratuities (Guides would not accept them)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, except those specified
- We will confirm reservation after your booking
- Wheelchairs are not accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please choose appropriate footwear
- Operates in all weather conditions; please be dressed appropriately
- Bottled water is recommended but vending machines are available
- If you have special dietary or accessibility requirements, please contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate you
- Children younger than 6 may join the tour without charge but will not be entitled to inclusions
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
Tokyo Metro Ginza line Asakusa station (G19) exit 4. Please be aware that there is an exit A4 connected to Asakusa station on the Toei Asakusa line. The meeting point is NOT there. Please make sure that you are at exit 4 of the GINZA line. You will see Azumabashi (a red bridge) crossing the Sumida River in front of you.
- Infant (0 – 5): free
- Child (6 -19) and adult: full