VIP tour: 3-geisha experience for private group of max 4
Price per Adult
3-geisha experience for private group of max 4
Your visit to Asakusa can’t be complete without the exclusive experience of professional geisha entertainment and traditional fine dining. These special tours are limited to a private group of 4 guests to ensure a highly personalized experience.
Just as Asakusa’s history started by the Sumida river, so do our tours. Step back and forth in time with us as we help you navigate the lively streets of Sensoji Temple, guiding you to the best spots to satisfy your eyes, stomachs, and your curiosity! Participate in centuries-old rituals at the Temple and the Asakusa Shrine and see what the fates have in store for you with Sensoji’s infamous paper fortunes.
Relax in the quaint, atmospheric side streets reminiscent of olden days gone by and let our guide show you hidden gems and sights of all kinds, even those that don’t exist anymore! From the hundred-year-old shops and restaurants to the newer entertainment halls of the “Rokku” area, you’ll fall in love with Asakusa’s endless novelties that our guides help bring to life.
As you’re led to the ryotei, a traditionally highly exclusive traditional dining and entertainment venue, your guide will provide you with an in-depth explanation of geisha including the history of geisha art, their training, and of course, proper etiquette to enjoy their exquisite company! We’ll put any misconceptions to rest so you may fully enjoy your evening surrounded by three of these expertly trained artists, a truly rare event for tourists! Once you arrive, your geisha for the evening will be waiting for you in their splendid kimono; relax as they expertly pour your sake and let yourself be enthralled by their refined dancing. Your senses will instantly be delighted as you savor authentic and seasonal kaiseki cuisine to the sounds of traditional music. Later, you’ll have the unique opportunity to enjoy their laughter as you play traditional games with them. No Japanese skills are necessary to play games with geisha, but your guide will be available as an interpreter the entire evening should you have any questions. An English-speaking geisha may be available upon advanced request. Photo-taking and video-taking is allowed.
- In-depth history tour of Asakusa
- Fine dining experience at a traditionally exclusive kaiseki restaurant
- Performance and entertainment by 3 geisha (rare!)
- Interpretation services by our English-speaking certified professional guide specialized in this area and this particular tour
- Gratuities (Our guides would not accept them)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, except those specified
- Since this tour depends on availability of geisha as of the booked date, we will confirm reservation after your booking.
- Wheelchairs are not accessible
- The maximum group size is 4 people
- A moderate amount of walking is involved; please choose appropriate footwear
- Operates in all weather conditions; please be dressed appropriately
- Bottled water is recommended but vending machines are available
- If you have special dietary or accessibility requirements, please contact us and we will do our very best to accommodate you
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Tokyo Metro Ginza line Asakusa station (G19) exit 4. Please be aware that there is an exit A4 connected to Asakusa station on the Toei Asakusa line. The meeting point is NOT there. Please make sure that you are at exit 4 of the GINZA line. You will see Azumabashi (a red bridge) crossing the Sumida River in front of you.
This tour is only for adults who are 20 years old and up.